Gunsport of Colorado | Class 3 FFL Dealer | 1707 14th St, Boulder, Colorado 80302 | 303.938.1396
Shoot Indoors Bowling Pin Match Sept 19th 2017 8:00
Bowling Pin Match
Starting on Tuesday, September 19, 2017
How the Bowling Pin Match works:
Our Bowling Pin match is a bracketed head-to-head double elimination shooting Drag Race! There will be 2 brackets a Winners bracket and a Losers Bracket with the main bracket consisting of around 24 shooters. Skill levels of the shooters will determined prior to the match, and each participant will be given a “Shooter Number” indicating their experience level and the number of pins they will be given to shoot during their assigned bracket. 5 = Experienced Shooter (5 pins front of table). 4 = Intermediate Shooter (4 pins middle of table). 3 = Beginner Shooter (3 pins back of table).
Pins are set on tables 7 yards from the firing line and the head-to-head match-up begins with an audible start. Shooters are required to wait at the firing line in the “High Ready or Low Ready” shooting position with their firearm safely pointed down range, safety on, and trigger finger outside the trigger guard until the start is signaled. The competitor that knocks all of their pins completely off the table first wins the bracket. Iron sights and optics are allowed. The winner moves to the winner’s bracket and the loser moves to the loser’s bracket so you have to lose two times before you are eliminated.
Prizes will be given to 1st 2nd and 3rd place after each event.
You will need a Benadryl after this event, because your trigger finger will be itching for more!!
What you’ll need to bring:
- A Semi-Automatic Pistol or Revolver of your choice. Caliber must be 9mm or greater for semi-automatics and .38 special or greater for revolvers
- Magazines or speed loaders: We only allow 20 rounds total per head to head competition. We only allow 10 rounds Max per magazine per head to head competition. So if you have a two 15 round magazines you are only allowed to have 10 rounds in each Magazine. You can have as many speed loaders as needed to hold 20 rounds total. We do not allow shooters to load magazines or speed-loaders at the firing line during competition, as it slows down the shooting procedure for other competitors.
- 100 – 150 rounds. Higher velocity ammunition will help knock the bowling pins off the table. Hollow Point ammunition will be more effective than “ball” or FMJ.
If you reload, please read and follow your reloading manuals, and do not exceed SAAMI pressure guidelines!
- Hearing protection: Ear plugs and/or ear muffs. Hearing protection must be worn 100% of the time in the range. If you need Eyes or Ears we have a nice selection in our retail area available for purchase.
- Holster or gun case: We require firearms to be brought to the line unloaded, and either holstered or in a gun case. We strongly recommend traditional hip holsters. Cross-draw, small of the back, ankle holsters, and shoulder holsters are not permitted, as they make it very easy to “sweep” (point your gun at) other competitors or the Range Safety Officers. Inside the pants holsters are strongly discouraged, as they slow down the re-holstering process.